12 Oct 2010

I got a big headache...in Image Class...What happen?

   Yesterday we had our Image Class and I had an unbelievable big headache. I had never feel that stress ever since I came to London. I thought western people are angles that you don't cut people's time off. Not like devil Asian...hurry hurry hurry...there is no time for you to think.

   Before I came to London, I was working in a blister packaging company. My highest record is to draw five drawings in a day. That equally 1.5 hrs for a drawing which including product measurement, appearance decision, 2D structure drawing and sometimes with the 3D. There is no time to think about how good will it looks like or the marketing. Only draw draw draw. That is a bit pitty for the Taiwanese young designer and our environment. I don't know is it the same here? But obviously I got the same feeling yesterday in the Image Class.




   Above photo was the most stressful activity which made me headache and slanged a lot. But as you can see my improvement from right to left. We need to create five post cards from right to left which included five elements, four elements continue to only one element in 30 minutes. During the process you need to concern it's image, meaning, structure, blank space, coordinate, humor, theme and time management etc. There was no time to think only intuition. Although I had a big headache, but it was a really good process for us to learn the reality...as Darren said, there was no time for you to think, sometime you need to create an image in five minutes to discuss with the client. : )

   Attached some other great designs from my classmates.






   During the class...It has taken before the process...afterward...like a WAR!



No comments:

Post a Comment